- Five shot sequence: Tutorial and example
- How to embed a "live" web page in WordPress blog posts
- Why data visualization matters?
- A color palette optimized for data visualization
- How to use Storify for storytelling: Two examples of Obama SOTU address story
- Google maps tutorial (part 5/5): How to create a free heat map with Google Fusion Tables
- An example of good online news writing
- SEO tutorial: Keyword research and placement
- Google maps tutorial (part 4/5): About KML/KMZ geographic files
- Sample multimedia journalism work: A good audio slideshow project
Category of blog posts
Category Archives: Social media marketing
I recently have not been writing for the blog as often as I used to, but the blog traffic keeps going up, setting another monthly record in March, with more than 23,000 page views and over 15,000 visitors. Majority of … Continue reading
In preparation for an online course Social Media Marketing, I selected four articles that answer some common questions about social media SWOT analysis. I want to share these articles with fellow instructors and I invite suggestions on good reading materials.
Content ideas for social media marketing: How to pinpoint specific topics using Google autocomplete and Keyword Planner
Social media managers and content marketers can use Google and third-party tools to pinpoint specific topics, not just broad keywords, that people are actually searching for.
Social media monitoring is a practice that sees widespread use in various industries, and should be part of the core curriculum for every communication degree program.
Social media marketers can use hashtag search tools to find topical influencers and hashtags they use, and research hashtags that are relevant to the contents being promoted.
After student journalists have been scared straight by their professors about the harsh realities of landing a job in media, obtaining an internship is the top priority. The majority of students focus on interning at a TV station or newspaper, … Continue reading
If you are interested in advertising on Twitter, the five tips from my trial of Twitter Ads may help you better run your own campaign.
With faculty consultant and student interns, journalism schools can help develop and execute a content strategy for nonprofit organizations.
A free 5-week online course in audio photo slideshow storytelling that teaches participants how to make a slideshow, which is two skills in one: create an audio slideshow, and tell a story using visual narrative techniques.
SEO techniques for people who don’t have access to commercial keyword tools – how to research keywords using free SEO tools, and place selected keywords in a way that facilitates search engine indexing and ranking. These search engine optimisation (SEO) … Continue reading