- How to embed a "live" web page in WordPress blog posts
- Why data visualization matters?
- A color palette optimized for data visualization
- Five shot sequence: Tutorial and example
- How to embed video and photo in a Google interactive map
- Location- and time-based storytelling: Interactive maps with embedded photo, video and texts
- 5 tips and a special workflow for effective web writing: Anatomy of a functional blog post
- SEO tutorial: Keyword research and placement
- Who has the best geocoding tool for heat map - Tableau, Mapbox or Google Fusion Tables?
- A primer for journalism students: What is digital-first strategy?
Category of blog posts
Category Archives: Mobile news reporting
This guest post was contributed by David Smith, lecturer of journalism at West Virginia University. The Google Hangout video is embedded at the end of this post, along with many of the mobile journalism examples and resources mentioned during the … Continue reading
RTÉ journalist Philip Bromwell shot a video on iPhone and compiled a cheat sheet with shot-by-shot shooting instructions. I will use the video and the shot list as required readings in mobile production courses, and want to recommend them to … Continue reading
Philip Bromwell is a news video journalist with RTÉ, Ireland’s national broadcaster; for the past 12 months, he has taken on an extra responsibility to explore and encourage mobile journalism (mojo) in the newsroom. In an email interview, I asked … Continue reading
If you have a drone video camera but don’t know how to film professional-looking videos, watch these footage to get some ideas for basic and creative drone filming techniques.
Webshop organized by CSUN Latino Journalist Club on Nov 27 at 11 am. PST #jtalkcsun Continue reading
On the web, a multimedia news story usually provides an interactive, rich media user experience – an interactive interface where visitors can explore various contents: texts, photo gallery, audio slideshow, video, audio, data visualization, etc. On mobile devices, though, it … Continue reading
“Digital first” strategy is in comparison with the “platform first” practice of legacy media platforms (print, TV, radio). Web and mobile platforms demand us to adopt a platform-neutral mindset for an all-inclusive production approach – create the (digital) contents first, … Continue reading
Two photos taken at the same location in Vatican City in 2005 and 2013, respectively, show how mobile technology has changed the world and why journalism should gear up toward a mobile-first future.
If you have a WordPress blog site and want to make your site mobile friendly, you have two simple choices: switch to a responsive theme, or install a mobile plugin. For my blog, I chose to install a free mobile … Continue reading
In a previous post about “digital first” strategy for student newspapers, I said a digital strategy involves all three platforms: print, web and mobile. At issue here is that regular websites need to be optimized for mobile viewing – a “web” … Continue reading