- How to embed a "live" web page in WordPress blog posts
- Five shot sequence: Tutorial and example
- Why data visualization matters?
- A color palette optimized for data visualization
- How to embed video and photo in a Google interactive map
- Assignment ideas for social media courses
- How to write for the web: Writing guidelines and sample rewrite
- Teaching data visualization: Recommended readings and resources
- An example of good online news writing
- Essential skill set for a multimedia journalist
Category of blog posts
Category Archives: Audio slideshow
I came across an interactive audio story by New York Times titled “The New Generation of Pizzerias.” Whenever I see something of interest, such as this one, I always try to figure out how my students can create something similar. … Continue reading
I want to use an NPPA multimedia contest winning audio photo slideshow, Sister Judy, to discuss three tips for producing a good slideshow: visual variety, nat sound, and noise-free recording.
Guidelines on writing captions for photos that go with an online article: Describe the action taking place in the photo. Identify every person (or major persons) in the photo. Put the picture into context by providing background or additional information. … Continue reading