The free online data visualization tool just got better: infogr.am recently improved its template lineup and added new features (such as map!). I created a short demo for the various templates one can use to visualize a data set. Note that infogr.am can do more than what is demonstrated here.
If you don’t know what infogr.am is and does, here’s a brief intro from crunchbase.com:
Infogram is a software company that makes a web-based data visualization applications for non-designers to create professionally designed infographics and visualizations in minutes. No programming or design skills needed. Tool is aimed at news portals, journalists, bloggers. Company claims to disrupt the way people work with visual information online.
Look at this simple data chart showing budgets for three units in the past four years – it would be much nicer if all the numbers can be presented in an interactive, visually-appealing way.
Here’s the demo showing how this dataset can be visualized as a bar chart, line chart, bubble chart and more.
2015 course schedule:
- Audio Slideshow Storytelling (January, July)
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing (February, August)
- Writing for the Web (March, September)
- Google Mapping for Communicators (April, October)
- Introduction to Data Visualization (May, November)
- Introduction to Web Metrics and Google Analytics (June, December)