Web Metrics & Google Analytics (June 15 – July 6), a 3-week free online course, is now open for enrollment
This course is delivered on Moodle, an online course management system used by thousands of colleges and universities that offer online courses. This course features lessons, readings, tutorials, quizzes, assignments and group discussions.
This course is designed for people who want to acquire working knowledge of web metrics and Google Analytics. Course participants will learn key terms of web metrics, how to navigate the Google Analytics interface, how to understand key reports, and action strategies for various job roles.
Mark your calendar for other digital journalism courses
- Audio Slideshow Storytelling (January , July 2015)
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing (February, August 2015)
- Writing for the Web (March, September 2015)
- Google Mapping for Communicators (April, October 2015)
- Introduction to Data Visualization (May, November 2015)
- Introduction to Web Metrics and Google Analytics (June, December 2015)
Notes about the schedule:
- Specific start date for a scheduled course will be announced on this page one month before the course starts, and the course will be available for self-enrollment
- New courses are being developed and the schedule will be updated periodically as the courses become available
- The courses and the schedule are subject to change/cancellation without notice
- Contributions and suggestions are always welcomed in developing new courses or improving existing courses
More information about MulinBlog Online J-School
- About MulinBlog J-School: How the online courses work; how the school was started
- How to Enroll: A two-step enrollment process
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us : How to reach us via email, Twitter, Facebook and comment box
Digital journalism course syllabus
You can download course syllabi by following the links, or directly view the syllabi embedded below on this page.
- Audio Photo Slideshow Storytelling
- Writing for the Web
- Intro to Data Visualization
- Google Mapping for Communicators
- Introduction to Web Metrics and Google Analytics
- Social media marketing
Please note that the courses will be updated periodically to reflect the best and most up-to-date industry practices.