In preparation for an online course Social Media Marketing, I selected four articles that answer some common questions about social media SWOT analysis. I want to share these articles with fellow instructors and I invite suggestions on good reading materials.
- Why do we need SWOT analysis?
- What does a SWOT analysis look like?
- How to conduct social media SWOT analysis?
- What to do with a social media SWOT analysis?
Click the links below to read the corresponding articles. Some articles may be a long read and you do not need to read it from start to finish – guide your reading with the brief introduction I included for each article.
Why do we need SWOT analysis? Read the beginning parts of this article for topics such as what SWOT analysis is, the purpose of the analysis and when to use the analysis.
What does a SWOT analysis look like? Examine sample SWOT analyses of real businesses. Each analysis begins with an introduction of the business and is followed by discussions of potential growth strategy for the business.
How to conduct social media SWOT analysis? This tutorial lists out four areas in a social media SWOT analysis, as well as common elements in each area that a marketer should examine.
What to do with a social media SWOT analysis? Toward the end of this article, the author includes a sample social media analysis and discusses possible actions to take.
Latest posts by Mu Lin (see all)
- Critical thinking exercises in online courses: How I incorporate them in lecture and production courses - September 10, 2015
- RTE Innovation Lead Glen Mulcahy: Bad news and good news about mobile journalism - May 5, 2015
- How to write a headline: Discussions and rewrites in my Writing for the Web course - April 19, 2015