I once created a Storify story pooling some tips and examples about video filming techniques; it was intended for a production course I taught, but has since been viewed more than 6,000 times on the web. I made some updates to the story and want to share it with my blog readers.
For video storytelling, we take video shots and put them together in sequences. A video sequence is a series of shots on the same subject that are edited together to tell a story. A well-edited video sequence adds visual variety to video storytelling.
- A step-by-step guide to shooting iPhone videos
- How to make an audio slideshow: My step-by-step advice to students
- Five shot sequence: Tutorial and example
- Mobile journalism examples and production tips: Q&A with RTÉ video journalist Philip Bromwell
- Drone videography: Basic and creative aerial filming techniques for drone video cameras